Reporting to the Attestation and Operational Risk and Business Engagements Leader, this role will be responsible for effectively and efficiently supporting the development, implementation and maintenance of the Asia Market’s Attestation and Operational Risk management strategy. You will partner with various stakeholders and leaders across the Asia Market to perform risk and control assessments, identify improvement opportunities, effectively plan, coordinate and report on Market’s attestation initiatives and support implementation as the business needs evolve.
- Supports risk assessments to deliver on risk management initiatives to ensure compliance with Global Retail Markets and overall Liberty Mutual Group guidelines
- Identify enhancements/developments of the Attestation process to maximum effectiveness and efficiency.
- Support development of annual risk plan, update to process narratives, defining risks and further refining and streamlining the controls in place (e.g. Undertake risk review of narratives in financial statements following local and US GAAP requirements).
- Work with the business to ensure that control fails are appropriately remediated and closed.
- Positive business engagement whilst maintaining independence.
- Work with the leader to coordinate and challenge the business units in identification, measurement, management and reporting of risks.
- Develops and maintains partnerships with other GRM Markets’ Risk teams, GRM Finance and LM Corporate Controllership to ensure Asia Market works towards Global control environment strategy
- Implements various monitoring mechanisms of GRM’s control environment (e.g. GRM East and West Minimum Operating Protocols, GRM Management attestation testing, etc.) by actively working with business partners.
- Supports effective and timely resolution of Internal Audit findings across functional areas within the Asia Market. Proactively identifies trends in Internal Audit Reports, reports to Senior Management and works with respective business areas, Compliance teams, etc. to build preventive/detective controls.
- Bachelor’s degree (Finance, Management or Accounting) required. Advanced degree preferred.
- CPA, CISA or an equivalent credential is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of Risk related experience. Insurance business knowledge is a plus.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously to drive results.
- Communicates well with own team and across the organization to ensure the successful completion of shared goals.
- Strong interpersonal, team building, communication and presentation skills. Proven ability to build successful working relationships.
- Solid knowledge of project management principles and concepts.
- Driven and flexible enough to succeed in ambiguous and less structured situations
- Acts in a professional manner and demonstrates a high degree of integrity, honesty, and ethical behavior.
- Thai and Vietnamese speaking is a plus
Powered by JazzHR