This role will be acting as a Lead in Asia Markets engineering team, support the projects development across the countries. Especially with Hong Kong focused projects, working closely with different business units and drive the technical and architecture design to achieve the Company’s goals.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the Asia Markets engineering team for technical and architecture design
- Work with Technology and business product owners on shaping project requirements and solutions and responsible for solution delivery
- Understand business requirements and how they translate in application features
- Work with business analysts to recommend updates to core systems to the team responsible for development
- Collaborate with a team of IT professionals to set specifications for new applications and develop user stories Evaluate existing applications to reprogram, update and add new features
- Develop technical documents and handbooks to accurately represent application design and code Integrate software components and third-party programs and libraries
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Recommend and execute improvements to programs, systems and processes
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting.
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Solid experience using for example Java8, Spring Boot, Spring MVC
- Knowledge of object-oriented design and design patterns, and programming skills
- Experience in designing and implementing APIs and Microservices
- Knowledge of and experience with Frontend technologies is also desirable.
- Strong concepts of clean code principles
- Experience with relational/non-relational databases. Able to understand and apply design patterns
- Experience with container technologies (Docker or similar) is also desirable.
- Experience of Cloud technology (AWS or similar). Experience in vendor management. You are interested in growing as a software engineer participating actively in the whole development cycle (frontend, backend, database, testing, DevOps...)
- Bachelor’s degree in management information systems, computer science, information technology or other related field required
- Must be driven and flexible enough to succeed in ambiguous and less structured situations
- Fast-learner, analytical and problem solver, keen to adopt latest technologies in a challenging environment Strong communication skills
- Proficient in English and Cantonese languages is a plus
Powered by JazzHR