I. JOB SUMMARY
The Business Development & Partnership Manager will identify, researching, evaluate, and pursue business development opportunities that will contribute to the company’s short and long-term business goals.
Specifically, s/he will be responsible for:
- Maintaining and developing strategic partnerships with car makers, banks, dealers and other organizations in product development and distribution.
- Performing special research and analysis as requested by the Director when needed. Lead projects in new distribution channel/method, sales & marketing initiatives by coordinating cross-department activities. Consults with staff at all levels to promote good business practices
II. JOB DUTIES
A. Partnership Development
- Explore, develop, and maintain strategic relationships with partner organizations, including car makers, auto dealers, banks, financial services institutions, and other organizations which can be involved in the development and/or distribution of general insurance products; Establish long-term professional relationships with partners to promote the company’s products and services. Lead meetings and negotiations with potential clients and business partners.
- Collaborate with partner organizations and cross-functional teams to evaluate, propose, implement and monitor projects such as:
- Free insurance sales promotions
- Preferred insurer/exclusive insurer programs
- Product development (new and branded insurance products), and
- New distribution channels/partnerships
3. Manage the complex market research or analysis projects; evaluate findings, prepare reports, and make recommendations to Director, senior management about the viability of alternative opportunities.
4. Ensure quality delivery of such project objectives within the approved timelines and budgets;
B. Project Management
- Works directly with appropriate departments to understand project concept, objectives and approach.
- Takes assigned project from original concept through final implementation
- Defines project scope and objectives
- Creates and maintains project schedules by developing project plans and specifications, establishing deadlines, monitoring milestones completion, tracking all phases of the project progress, coordinating actions and solving conflicts.
- Assesses and prepares to address the operational impacts, workflow, training, etc. issues of a project.
III. PREPARATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
- Essential skills and abilities
Proven experience of
- Managing relationships with large organizations
- Formulating project proposals and managing cross-functional projects
Demonstrable ability to
- Understand the financial, accounting, marketing and operational functions of an organization
- Analyze and present information clearly both verbally and in writing, especially at a high level
- Organize and prioritize workload
- Work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Negotiation skill
- English proficiency
- Microsoft PowerPoint, Project, and Excel
- Desirable skills and abilities
- Knowledge of automobile and banking industries
- Experience in branding, communication and sales promotion
- Experience in selling insurance products
Powered by JazzHR