ZALORA Engineering is looking for Software Engineers II to work on its cutting edge software stack.
This opportunity will offer you a chance to work on a high traffic site serving millions of customers per month throughout South East Asia. You will be exposed to a polyglot architecture, modern development workflows and a forward-thinking, intelligent team dedicated to solving the big-picture problems in e-commerce.
We have built most of our systems on open source technology. We use PHP, MySQL, Docker, Solr, Golang, AWS and more. We believe in choosing the best tool for the job, and part of your responsibility will be to identify the tools to help us grow into the next five years at ZALORA.
We're welcome any programming languages (Java, C, C++, etc.) since we believe language should not be a barrier.
- Design and build high performance, scalable and testable components for our shop platform.
- Lead the development of new features for the shop, delivering to our standard, on time.
- Provide material feedback to junior team members.
- Investigate cutting edge technologies to improve site reliability, developer experience, customer experience, and raw performance.
- Think outside the day-to-day and propose ways to elevate the art of e-commerce engineering.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- 4+ years of experience with high-traffic distributed systems and client-server architectures.
- Solid computer science fundamentals (theory, data structures, algorithms, design patterns).
- Made major contributions to the design/architecture of one or more projects.
- Familiarity with a testing framework (PHPUnit, Selenium, RSpec, Mockito).
- Experience with SQL and relational databases.
- Experience of working with micro-services
- Experience of message broker tools, web services, AWS is a plus
ZALORA's e-commerce platform is built with love by the engineering team. The Ho Chi Minh office, 12 Ton Dan, D4 (ZALORA Group) focuses completely on engineering and sets a high standard for software development in the field of e-commerce. This team creates the tech stack that powers ZALORA's stellar shopping experience. This ranges from the online shop and the mobile apps to ZALORA's complex logistics solutions.
The ZALORA Story
ZALORA is Asia’s leading online fashion, beauty and lifestyle destination, part of Global Fashion Group. As one of the region’s pioneer large-scale ecommerce platforms, ZALORA has established a strong presence throughout the region, particularly in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Brunei, the Philippines, Hong Kong, and in Taiwan, enjoying over 50 million visits per month.
ZALORA is not obligated to accept resumes from any third parties on behalf of potential candidates for any position (advertised or otherwise) by any means, unless ZALORA has executed a written agreement with such third party and has expressly requested such third party for candidate referrals. Third parties who provide unsolicited resumes of candidate(s) shall waive and forfeit all rights to claim for any placement fees or referral fees in the event that such candidate is eventually engaged or employed by ZALORA or Global Fashion Group.
Powered by JazzHR